Google Latitude is bad for liars



Google is so much into collecting all types of data and providing it to the public. That's a good thing, but things get bad sometimes.
Once again, the folks at Google have just announced a new tool called Google Latitude. It uses GPS and/or Cell Towers to allow you to track your friends’ locations – and could be used for nefarious purposes by stalkers and crazy exes.

From the Google RSS feed:

With Google Latitude, a new feature on Google Maps for mobile and a gadget for iGoogle coming out today, we’re kind of turning that idea on its head, making the “where” matter again. Latitude allows you to see where your friends are located in real time on a map, anywhere in the world.

I have been using Latitude on my Windows Mobile for a while now(as I don't have to lie to someone :P), and I must say, it is a great tool to keep your friends and family updated with your current location. A good tool for worried mums I guess. Too bad my mum doesn't know how to boot into Windows.

It is a great piece of software, but can be lethal ;)

Anyways, A little something I made in Farigh time...

0 comments: